|Lenny’s Friends with Wings Foundation was established on September 20, 2010 as a New Jersey Nonprofit Corporation organized under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1996. Lenny’s Friends with Wings was founded by Leonard, Lucrezia and Christina Valente to honor Lenny Valente’s memory by helping children diagnosed with Pediatric brain cancer.
Lenny was always interested in helping others. Giving was second nature to him. During school drives, he made sure that he brought in extra to make up for anyone else who forgot to bring in things. He also made sure that he was there for his friends and wrote in a journal that “a friend is someone who is always there for you”.
This foundation will keep Lenny’s giving spirit and friendship alive.
Lenny’s Friends with Wings Foundation is dedicated to helping children diagnosed with Pediatric brain cancer. We will work with the Social Workers from Children’s Hospital and St. Christopher's Hospital of Philadelphia to identify the individuals that we can help.
The goals are:
- Provide the child with a gift to keep them smiling during the hospital stays and long hours of outpatient care.
- Provide the families with financial support , by paying a monthly bill or helping with medical expenses, during a period of hardship.
- Leonard Valente, President
- Christina Valente, Vice-President
- Lucrezia Valente, Secretary and Treasurer